MOUNt Ararat Challenge
The Eastern Turkey region encompasses a spectacular area of volcanic mountains which include the mountains around Lake Van- Artos, Nemrut Crater, Suphan-Tendürek Mountain and the sister peaks of Ararat and Little Ararat. The Ararat Challenge Trek gives you the chance to tour the region around the city of Van and stretch your legs on Artos before heading for Dogubeyazit and Mt Ararat itself. On the way from Van you will pass Suphan and the stunning volcanic landscape of Tendürek, a 1,800 metre shield volcano and the peaceful Muradiye Falls. The Trek is available as a” Full Trek” which includes overnight in Istanbul at the start and domestic flights or as a “Basic Package” which meets in Van and proceeds directly to Dogubeyazit and Ararat.
- Day 1 – Morning: Van to Dogubeyazit with stop at Muradiyre Falls and Ishak Pasha Palace. Overnight Dogubeyazit..
- Day 2 – Delivery to start point and Trek to Camp 1 (3200m)
- Day 3 – Trek to Camp 2 (4200m)
- Day 4 – Acclimatisation
- Day 5 – Climb to summit of Mount Ararat and return to Camp 2
- Day 6 – Return to pick up point. Drive to Dogubeyazit
- Day 7 – Depart Van for onward journey
Ararat Climb (Extended tour)
- Day 1 – Arrive Istanbul. Overnight Istanbul. Alternative would be overnight flight to Istanbul with connection straight through to VAN
- Day 2 – Fly to Van. Visit to Akdamar Island and the Church of the Holy Cross. Visit Van Citadel an outstanding 800BC Urartian Fortress. Overnight Van
- Day 3 – Acclimatisation climb to Mt Artos (3500m). Overnight Van
- Day 4 – Morning: Van to Dogubeyazit with stop at Muradiye Falls and Ishak Pasha Palace. Overnight Dogubeyazit.
- Day 5 – Delivery to start point and Trek to Camp 1 (3200m)
- Day 6 – Trek to Camp 3(4200m)
- Day 7 – Acclimatisation
- Day 8 – Climb to summit of Mount Ararat and return to Camp 2
- Day 9 – Return to pick up point. Drive to Dogubeyazit
- Day 10 – Day in Van with local excursions to Hosap Castle on the Silk Road and the Urartian castle at Cavustepe
- Day 11 – Depart for onward journey